Miller Database - Page 6
(18) A letter from James W. Rounds, dated 18 April 1967 to Bea Miller Wilkinson. The
letter asks a series of questions on the background of Jesse Healey and has Bea's answers
written in pen.
(19) A letter from Hanes Inman with information copied out of the Hayes Family Bible by
Evelyn Hayes Joplin, dated 12 September 1958. An extensive collection of data takes our
knowledge of the Hayes line of the family back to Henry Hayes, with dated material beginning
with Hartwell Hayes (1787 – 1859).
(20) Transcribed obituaries of Isaac Julian and Elizabeth Julian, taken from the 'Richmond
Radical' of Richmond, Indiana.
Obituary of Isaac Julian
Isaac Julian died at the residence of Welborn Healey in Franklin Township in Henry
County, Indiana on October 25th, 1872. Isaac Julian was 69 years and eleven days old.
Isaac Julian was born in North Carolina on October 12th, 1804 and moved to Indiana
about the year 1832 and settled in Prarie Township where he resided until about two
years ago when he removed to Franklin Township. He had been a consistent member of
the Christian Church for twenty five years. He converted under the ministry of Father
Elijah Martindale. He had been afflicted for several years before his death and at times
he was a great suffer (sic), but he bore his suffering with christian patience and when he
knew that death was near said that he was ready and anxious to go and be at rest. His
companion preceded him in death two years and five months, blessed are the dead that
die in the lord.
Obituary of Elizabeth Julian
Died at Mt. Summitt, Indiana May 20th 1870, Elizabeth Julian, age 64 years, six months
and 10 days.
Elizabeth Julian was born in North Carolina and had lived in this Township with her
husband, Isaac Julian for 39 years. She has been a consistent member of the Christian
Church for 23 years, having been immersed by Elijah Martindale in the early years of his
ministry. She died as she had lived, a true and faithful christian. In her days of health
her hand was ever ready for good works among the sick and needy. She lived to bring
up a family of 9 children all of whom are living, except a son who fell in defense of his
country and three of whom are members of the Chrishian Church.
From the “Richmond Radical”
(21) Transcribed Last Will and Testament of Jesse Hargrave Healey, dated 12 March 1856.
(22) Information passed to Bea Miller Wilkinson in the early 1950's on the Julian family line.
Author is Elmer Julian.
(23) A series of hand drawn charts by Elmer Julian documenting the Julian family line that
accompanied the previous letter. The first page is unfortunately cropped but this provided me
information I needed to solve the issue of which Julian brother our ancestor Isaac Julian (1804
– 1872) was the son of and our relationship to Rene Julian.
(24) Handwritten note with directions to the grave of Jesse Healey and undated photograph of